Hiring 2012 summer interns
The official start of our 2012 wedding season is quickly approaching! We are currently looking for 2 interns to work alongside our team for our summer internship program.
The summer internship will begin April 6th and run through July 21st. This is an unpaid position, but will provide a unique blend of hands on experience and entrepreneurial opportunity. Interns can expect to work an average of 6 hours each Friday and 10-12 hours on event days (Saturdays and/or Sundays). Our hours are long, but we have a lot of fun!
Summer Intern Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments for venue tours and meetings with new vendors
- Online research for current clients
- Assistance with event design
- Assistance with floral production
- Assistance with daily tasks associated with running a small business
- Attendance at monthly industry meetings
- Wedding day and wedding rehearsal event management
- Event set-up and clean-up
What we’re looking for:
- Senior-level college students or recent graduates in related fields
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
- Experience with social media
- Experience working in high stress environments
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and occasionally lift heavy objects
- Team players who understand how to follow direction, make quick decisions, and take ownership in their work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energy, passion and perseverance
The ideal candidate will be a design or hospitality major (or recent graduate). The ability to draw or sketch designs and experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop will be looked upon highly. No previous wedding experience is needed. We aren’t necessarily looking for someone who loves wedding; we are looking for someone eager to embrace event design and learn what it takes to run a successful small business.
If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should showcase why you are an ideal candidate and explain what your long-term career goals are. No phone calls, please.
Please use ‘Summer Intern Application’ as the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until March 1, 2011.